Friday, January 19, 2018

Jenice Lee on her participation in the People's Party Malaysia (PRM)

 Jenice Lee on her participation in the People's Party Malaysia (PRM)

With all due respect, I would like to announce that I have joined Parti Rakyat Malaysia (PRM)!

I am very happy and proud to be a member of PRM and will work with PRM leaders to face of the general election (GE-14) which can be held at any time now.

I am confident that PRM can bring about a change in the political landscape in Malaysia as it is a principled political party that has fought for the rights of the people to ensure fairness and equality in every group of people regardless of race or position.

In line with the trust given to me by the party leadership, I will do my best to carry out the duties and responsibilities entrusted, especially in promoting the party's vision and mission. I feel this party is closer to the people. We are determined to attract more people who agree with the objectives and principles of the party's struggle to become PRM members. Together with members and volunteers, we form a competent electoral machinery in the near future to move together in the upcoming elections.

I have been in politics for a long time. During my youth, I was a student leader and I joined the reform movement in 1998. Two years later, in 2000, I joined the Democratic Action Party (DAP). I was elected Teratai State Assemblywoman (Selangor) in 2008.

I have been the Deputy Chairman of the DAP Youth (DAPSY) and won the Selangor DAP party election with the highest votes. However, I was accused of being involved in misconduct and corruption by a senior DAP leader just before GE-13. Till this day no concrete evidence was raised against me. As such, I competed on a free ticket during GE-13.

Over the past 5 years since DAP discarded me over the said untrue allegations, I have set up NGOs and I have been actively serving in the Pandan and Teratai areas on a voluntary basis. Residents in the area still know me and trust me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accordingly, we need the support and involvement of volunteers in the coming elections. Please email us at prmselangor@gmail.com or message through whatsapp 013-881 0422. Please state your name, address and phone number so our staff can contact you.


People can also interact with us via https://www.facebook.com/leeyingha

No comments: